Join our team
Interested in working with Canada Career Counselling? We’re growing so we can support even more people searching for career fulfillment and growth.
Registered Psychologist or Psychological Associate – Toronto
Candidates must be either Registered Psychologists or Registered Psychological Associates in Ontario. Applicants who are not Registered with the College of Psychologists of Ontario will not be considered.
Canada Career Counselling helps people to determine their ideal career direction and to make strategic decisions for their career development. Additionally, we provide psychotherapy and support our clients in addressing personal and mental health concerns. Serving clients at our welcoming office in Toronto (Bay & Bloor), as well as virtually, we are a team of Psychologists, Career Counsellors, and Personal Branding Specialists. We currently receive more client requests than our team has capacity for, so we’re searching for our next practitioner!
Are you our next Career Counsellor?
Using your strong counselling skills, you will support clients considering career transition, impacting both their personal and professional wellbeing. Our clients are typically already working (from entry level roles to professionals, executives, and entrepreneurs), but are often feeling stuck, unfulfilled, or uncertain about their careers. Most have have extended health care benefits that cover some, or all, of their sessions. This is a counselling role – not a role designed to help clients find/gain employment. You will support clients as they develop their career identity and create a job search focus.
Previous career counselling/life transition counselling experience is an asset, but not required. Working collaboratively with our team, you will be trained on our proprietary career counselling process.
Delivering high quality support to clients through counselling sessions and psychological assessments is incredibly rewarding as you witness your clients grow through professional momentum and personal fulfillment. There is great diversity in our client group as they each individual comes with a unique background. Your counselling will address both their personal and career related concerns.
Canada Career Counselling is the largest firm of Psychologists specializing in career counselling in Canada, and we are often contacted by media, professional associations, and educational institutions for interviews, custom workshops, and specialized engagements. Be a part of our thriving practice where you’re given an evidence-based framework to guide your counselling, while having an opportunity to use your creativity and take on additional responsibilities.
Hours will be flexible and will begin at approximately 20 hours a week, with the goal of building to 30 – 40 hours a week, as case load grows. Typically, up to 70% (minimum 50%) of working hours are client sessions, with the remaining hours are comprised of case/file management, consultations, meetings, and project work.
- Registered Psychologist or Registered Psychological Associate in Ontario
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Psychologists of Ontario
- Strict adherence to the College of Psychologists of Ontario’s Standards and Professional Conduct
- Proof of professional liability insurance
- Available to work approximately 30 or more hours/week, including certain evenings and/or weekends. Hours will be determined collaboratively with practice lead
- Excellent English communication skills, other language skills an asset
- Provide face-to-face or online career counselling sessions for clients, as well as personal counselling if skills match client needs
- Respond to phone and web inquiries; provide information about our services; engage clients
- Coordinate, interpret and debrief client assessments during counselling sessions
- Provide excellent client support; ongoing client relationship management
- Participate in training sessions with supervisor and practitioner meetings as required
- Able to work in the downtown office at 1200 Bay Street
- Willing to learn new skills and tools
- Motivated to provide exemplary service to our clients
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and active listening ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong team player, personable, collaborative, friendly
- Able to work responsibly and independently in a fast-paced, growing practice
- Excellent skills in: planning, organization, follow through, time management, attention to detail
- Open to development feedback, new ideas and processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and able to learn new systems quickly
Similar Job Titles:
- Career Coach
- Career Counselor
- Career Planning Psychologist
- Career Services
- College Counselor
- Guidance Counselor
- School Counselor
Please email your Cover Letter and Resume to [email protected]. Note in your cover letter why you want to work with Canada Career Counselling.
Include in the Subject line: “Application for Toronto Career Counsellor”
Three (3) work related references will be required, references can be provided by candidate at the interview stage.
Please address the following questions in your application:
- Do you have the following license or certification: Registered with College of Psychologists of Ontario?
- Do you speak and write fluently in English?