Join Our Team
Interested in working with Canada Career Counselling? We’re growing so we can support even more people searching for career fulfillment and growth.
Psychologist – Toronto/GTA
- Psychologists, Psychological Associates, Psychotherapists, and those working toward registration with the College of Psychologists of Ontario will be considered
- Previous career counselling/life transition counselling experience is an asset, but not required
- The successful candidate will be provided with training on our proprietary career counselling process
What You Should Know About Us:
Canada Career Counselling’s mission is to support individuals in enhancing their career-related fulfillment and success. In today’s world, with work and career being such a significant aspect of people’s lives, we want to ensure our clients have the psychological support they require for any career related concerns. We’ve helped thousands of Canadians to determine their ideal careers, make career transitions, and resolve career-related challenges.
Our core team of Career Counsellors are educated at the Masters or Ph.D. level in psychology. We’re experts who think critically, strategically, and practically about career challenges; yet do so in a warm, empathetic, and confidential manner. We’re passionate about helping each client make real, positive changes in their lives and tailor our approach to suit their unique needs. While our clients often approach us for support with career-related concerns, they often speak with us about other aspects of their lives, such as personal and mental health concerns.
In addition to providing psychotherapy, we are often contacted by media, professional associations, and educational institutions for interviews, custom workshops, and specialized engagements.
We receive more client requests than our team has capacity for, so we’re searching for our next practitioner! Be a part of our thriving practice, where you’re given an evidence-based framework to guide your counselling, while having an opportunity to use your creativity and take on additional responsibilities.
* Currently, we are serving our Ontario clients virtually to ensure safe COVID-19 measures. In future (date TBD) we will return, part-time, to our welcoming office in Toronto (Bay & Bloor).
Why we’re a great place to work:
- Opportunity to develop with a growing practice in a growing area of counselling
- Excellent training on our proprietary tools and career counselling framework
- Fabulous team of smart, kind, collaborative professionals
- Flexible work environment, including remote work, and the option to work in a midtown Toronto office location
Are you our next Career Counsellor?
Using your strong counselling skills, you will support clients considering career transition, impacting both their personal and professional wellbeing. Our clients are typically already working (from entry level roles to professionals, executives, and entrepreneurs), but are often feeling stuck, unfulfilled, or uncertain about their careers. This is a counselling role – not a role designed to help clients find/gain employment. You will support clients as they develop their career identity and focus on their career and life path.
Delivering high quality support to clients through counselling sessions and psychological assessments is incredibly rewarding, as you witness your clients grow through professional momentum and personal fulfillment. There is great diversity in our client group as each individual comes with a unique background. Your counselling will address both their personal and career related concerns.
Hours for this role will be flexible, with the goal of building to 30 – 40 hours a week, as case load grows. Typically, up to 70% (minimum 50%) of working hours are client sessions, with the remaining hours comprised of case/file management, consultations, meetings, and project work. All hours are paid – this is an employee position.
- Registered Psychologist/Psychological Associate or Registered Psychotherapist in Ontario
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Psychologists of Ontario or with College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
- Strict adherence to the College of Psychologists of Ontario’s or College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario Standards and Professional Conduct
- Proof of professional liability insurance
- Available to work approximately 30 or more hours/week, including certain evenings and/or weekends. Hours will be determined collaboratively with Practice Lead
- Excellent English communication skills, other language skills an asset
- Provide online career counselling sessions (with in person being an option post-pandemic) for clients, as well as personal counselling if skills match client needs
- Respond to phone and web inquiries; provide information about our services; engage clients
- Coordinate, interpret and debrief client assessments during counselling sessions
- Provide excellent client support; ongoing client relationship management
- Participate in virtual training sessions with supervisor and practitioner meetings as required
- Able to work from a remote and private setting
- Willing to learn new skills and tools
- Motivated to provide exemplary service to our clients
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and active listening ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong team player, personable, collaborative, friendly
- Able to work responsibly and independently in a fast-paced, growing practice
- Excellent skills in: planning, organization, follow through, time management, attention to detail
- Open to development feedback, new ideas and processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and able to learn new systems quickly
We are committed to providing fair and competitive compensation and benefits. We are aiming to hire an employee; this is not a contractor/sole proprietor role.
Similar Job Titles:
- Career Coach
- Career Counsellor
- Career Planning Psychologist
- Career Services
- College Counsellor
- Guidance Counsellor
- School Counsellor
- Please email your Cover Letter and Resume to [email protected]. Note in your cover letter why you want to work with Canada Career Counselling
- Include in the Subject line: “Application for Career Counsellor”
- Three (3) work related references will be required, references can be provided by candidate at the interview stage
Please address the following questions in your application:
- Do you have the following license or certification: Registered with College of Psychologists of Ontario or with College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario? If not, where are you in your process?
- Do you speak and write fluent English?