Career Counselling and Coaching
If you’re looking for support with career planning, deciding on a career transition, or working through a career-related challenge, you’ve come to the right place!
Through our career counselling and career coaching services, you’ll work one-on-one with one of our Psychologists or Psychotherapists. We tailor our approach to suit your unique situation so you get the support you need to feel confident about the choices you make. Let us help you find fulfillment in your career!
We work with individuals across Canada and offer sessions in person as well as at a distance, through online video meetings.
While Canada Career Counselling is a private organization that provides fee-based services, many benefits/extended health plans provide coverage for sessions and assessments with our registered practitioners.
Career counselling is a process that supports individuals with career planning and decision making.
Our clients are 16 – 65+ and we tailor our career counselling approach to meet each person’s needs. It typically takes between 6 to 8 sessions, as well as an investment of time between sessions, to successfully complete career counselling. Our goal is to help you make a strategic and informed decision so you can feel confident about the choices you make!
Our career counselling process is thorough and involves:
- Assessing your skills and strengths, interests, personality, and values
- Gaining valuable insight about what you need in order to feel fulfilled in a career
- Expanding your career possibilities and then strategically narrowing these options to the best choice(s)
- Going beyond your assumptions and increasing your awareness of new career options you could consider
- Feeling confident to take the next steps toward changing your career
Common career counselling concerns include:
- Knowing you want to make a career change but being uncertain about how to move forward
- Questioning your career choice and wondering if there might be a better option for you
- Re-entering the workforce and feeling confused about where to start
- Being unsure about your career plan after school ends (16+)
- Planning for your retirement or semi-retirement transition
- Military to civilian career transitions (Career Transformation: Translating the Warrior)
It is not uncommon for personal challenges to arise in career counselling discussions. Our Registered Psychologists and Psychotherapists are skilled at supporting broader concerns such as:
- Stress and stress management
- Confidence, self-esteem, and self-worth
- Assertiveness and boundary setting
- Interpersonal challenges
- Emotional well-being
Career coaching provides support for individuals facing challenges in their career or current work environment.
The goal is to help you develop effective strategies to address and overcome your concern so you can feel confident and fulfilled at work. While some individuals might only require 2 or 3 coaching sessions to work through their challenge, others prefer ongoing support over the course of a number of months.
Common career coaching concerns include:
- Leadership development
- Workplace conflict
- Effectively transitioning into a new job/role
- Navigating politics or a difficult boss
- Workplace bullying
- Challenges with work-life balance
- Communication breakdown
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Changes in personal circumstances
- Maternity/paternity transitions (Comeback Coaching)